Based on his newest CD Book, Kenneth will demonstrate and students will construct samples of his favorite techniques. The workshop will be located close to Promenade Fine Fabrics, on historic St. Charles Avenue, the oldest running streetcar line in the United States.
Take one or both days, Friday or Saturday.
This book is available for purchase in cd form or on a flash drive. The flash drive has enough space to add additional information and photos (Best Buy) .
Cool Tricks Takes Manhattan -$25.95Cool Tricks Takes Manhattan-International Orders $33.95
The outline of the book-
- Improved Seam Roll
- Sewing with the bobbin thread
- A new scarf edge
- Sewing inside curves to outside curves
- Cutting loosely-woven fabrics
- Boning from the hardware store
- Recycling/Upcycling a jacket
- Restyling worn coat edges
- Working with lame’ fabrics
- Staying necklines and armholes
- Staying curves with crossgrain muslin
- Inside miter for Hong Kong binding
- Bias binding to finish armholes and hems
- Lapped seams on a sweater
- Seams in bulk fabrics
- Double cloth patch pocket
- Double welt pocket for felted wool or leather
Drafting and construction details:
- Moving fare in a skirt
- Skirt fly front/pocket stay
- Surgeons; cuff
- Cut-on gusset-Norfolk jacket
- The action back jacket
- The loden coat
- Flange yoke detail
- The hybrid lapel facing
- The stand-away collar
A $25 Kit fee will be collected at the classroom.Registration Deadline: December 30, 2017. A minimum enrollment is necessary by the Registration Deadline to run these classes. If you are flying in from out of state, inquire about the status of the class before you purchase your airline tickets to make sure the class is a "GO".