Based on his newest CD Book, Kenneth will demonstrate and students will construct samples of his favorite techniques. he workshop will be located close to Promenade Fine Fabrics, on historic St. Charles Avenue, the oldest running streetcar line in the United States.
Take one or both days.
This books is available for purchase in cd form or on a flash drive. The flash drive has enough space to add additional information and photos (Best Buy).
Cool Tricks Takes Manhattan -$25.95 Cool Tricks Takes Manhattan-International Orders $33.95
International Orders are shipped through Air Mail.
The outline of the book-
Tips, Techniques and Drafting
A $25 kit fee will be collected at the class.
- Improved Seam Roll
- Sewing with the bobbin thread
- A new scarf edge
- Sewing inside curves to outside curves
- Cutting loosely-woven fabrics
- Boning from the hardware store
- Recycling/Upcycling a jacket
- Restyling worn coat edgess
- Working with lame’ fabrics
- Staying necklines and armholes
- Staying curves with crossgrain muslin
- Inside miter for Hong Kong binding
- Bias binding to finish armholes and hems
- Lapped seams on a sweater
- Seams in bulk fabrics
- Double cloth patch pocket
- Double welt pocket for felted wool or leather
- Moving fare in a skirt
- Skirt fly front/pocket stay
- Surgeons; cuff
- Cut-on gusset-Norfolk jacket
- The action back jacket
- The loden coat
- Flange yoke detail
- The hybrid lapel facing
- The stand-away collar
Registration Deadline: December 30, 2017.
Kenneth is a professor at F.I.T. (Fashion Institute of Technology) in New York and the Sewing and Design School. Kenneth won the Association of Sewing and Design Professional's 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award. He is known for his articles in Threads Magazine, his books, CD books, TV show (�Sewing Today�), and "Jean-ius" an online class at www.craftys.com , as well as his excellent teaching skills and his dashing personal style. He teaches workshops in Moulage, a French method of drafting and constructing a body double and bodice, jacket and overcoat slopers, Sleeve Drafting, Trouser Drafting, Designer Techniques, Cloning your Favorite Garments, leather and fur construction techniques and countless other techniques.
Contact Kenneth directly at email@example.com or visit www.kennethdking.com.