Based on his newest Flash Drive Book, Kenneth will demonstrate and students will construct samples of his favorite techniques. The workshop will be located close to Promenade Fine Fabrics, on historic St. Charles Avenue, the oldest running streetcar line in the United States.
Kenneth will email the class notes for you to print out and this book is available for purchase inr on a flash drive. The flash drive has enough space to add additional information and photos. Cool Tricks Takes Manhattan -$25.95Cool Tricks Takes Manhattan-International Orders $33.95
International Orders are shipped through Air Mail.
The outline of the book-
- Improved Seam Roll
- Sewing with the bobbin thread
- A new scarf edge
- Sewing inside curves to outside curves
- Cutting loosely-woven fabrics
- Boning from the hardware store
- Recycling/Upcycling a jacket
- Restyling worn coat edges
- Working with lame’ fabrics
- Staying necklines and armholes
- Staying curves with crossgrain muslin
- Inside miter for Hong Kong binding
- Bias binding to finish armholes and hems
- Lapped seams on a sweater
- Seams in bulk fabrics
- Double cloth patch pocket
- Double welt pocket for felted wool or leather
Drafting and construction details:
- Moving fare in a skirt
- Skirt fly front/pocket stay
- Surgeons; cuff
- Cut-on gusset-Norfolk jacket
- The action back jacket
- The loden coat
- Flange yoke detail
- The hybrid lapel facing
- The stand-away collar
A $50 Kit fee will be collected at the classroom.No refunds after the Registration Deadline*: December 30, 2017. A minimum enrollment is necessary by the Registration Deadline to run these classes. If you are flying in from out of state, inquire about the status of the class before you purchase your airline tickets to make sure the class is a "GO".
Our Cancellation Policy for Classes, Workshops and Trips with a Registration Deadline
- If you cancel before the registration deadline, you will receive a full refund, less a $5.00 processing fee and the PayPal fees.
- If you cancel after the registration deadline, a student will need to replace you, you will receive a full refund, less a $5.00 processing fee and the PayPal Fees.
The workshop will be held at the Wendy Schoen Sewing Studio. 2923 Tchoupitoulas St.
New Orleans, LA 70115.
If you need to rent a sewing machine, Wendy rents them out for $125 for the after servicing charge. If the machine is OK, she will waive the fee. She has 2 Janome 1100s, Janome 9000, 1 Viking Designer I, Baby Lock Elegante, Bernina 1500.